Friday, May 23, 2014

Finding a Style

   As I may have noted earlier, I'm not very happy with the look of my style or characters. They're too flat I find, so lately I have been sketching only characters faces to see what works for me. Here are few pages from my sketchbook.

I liked this character, but I want my style to really reflect what I love to create, so I've been copying the masters...




    Sketching from my favorite Illustrators is helping me to be a little more creative, and understand their process. Brett Helquist, Illustrator of the Lemony Snicket series has such a unique style that I really admire. He doesn't over do it. The eyes are a simple black circle, but they look so realistic conveying  lots of emotion.


Michael Knapp is another favorite of mine. His work is simple yet creative. Here are a few of my attempts at drawing his creations.


Working on more as we speak! 





No comments:

Post a Comment