Sunday, May 18, 2014

Playtime

      I sketched this one with childhood memories in mind.  My siblings and I would take our cats inside and dress them in doll clothes.  They totally hated it, especially our oldest cat, Blue Cat.  He used to stick his tongue out when he'd had enough of something, but he always stayed calm and gentle while we tugged on his ears and tail. I used to hold the tip of my cats tail and watch it wiggle haha, so that's where I got most of these ideas.

     I learned a few tricks along the way with this one. Such as keeping little jars with the paint I've mixed for large areas. It helps me to quickly cover mistakes without wasting paint or remixing the wrong color.


Also, drawing with my white charcoal pencil is a big help, because the chalk easily mixes with with the paint.

All in all, I learned a lot with this Illustration, but It's not my favorite . Can't put my finger on why I don't like it, I just don't. Oh well. 

Here's a few process photos....












No comments:

Post a Comment