Thursday, May 22, 2014

The White Stag

I saw a painting similar to this on instagram and fell in love with it.  We've been needing a little something to pop color on these bland walls, not to mention it would coordinate with our furniture. So, I had to create it!
Large canvases are really expensive! One this size would have cost me 36 bucks! I went to Ross to look for some reject paintings or photos and ended up finding quite a few! This canvas in particular was only 19.99.

It's pretty ugly.... But it is just what I needed!


After getting home I proceeded to cover it with Gesso (Jess-oh). That was really fun. Haha!



       The printed words weren't covering well so I added black to make it all act like a primer. (Yes, I did have to prop it up with a chair. Also, "That's what she said!")


The the slate colors were combined


Next was the grass. I love that color combo!

     I'm not a gung-ho painter, I nearly always cheat and sketch out my image before painting with chalk. Shhh! lol

And that's him! I made him a bit too tall- cropping his antlers :/ They looked awesome in the photo, so I'm a little dissapointed in my mistake, but I think it turned out great.

Looks nice in the living room! This was my quickest painting by far. I finished it all within a day! Woo hoo!




Next up, a mini collection of landscapes! 
And I want to start a sketch crawl group in my area... hmmmmm.



No comments:

Post a Comment