Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Still Working on It

     It's true. I've been procrastinating on getting my portfolio together. I blame it on the Easter holiday, Finals for my husband, and lack of creative ideas.  Mostly I've just been burnt out and can't think of anything cute or quirky to paint. Must be writers block but for artists. Cleaning up the house and setting goals has helped a bit, and so does making things for others.
    My Niece, Miriam is having her first dance recital this weekend. She lives many states away and I won't be able to attend but I made her this card.  She adores everything pink and is quite the fan of Angelina Ballerina. I quickly threw it together with a few Prismas and leftover craft paper. If anything could have helped to get my creative juices flowing, this was it.  Sketching a simple little character created another spark  of creativity and I'm slowing getting back to Illustrating!

Hopefully I'll have lots more to post soon! If you have any ideas, don't be afraid to send them my way!

For Miriam:


1 comment: